Hello Heikki,

can you email the complete .err log from the server to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

the complete log is about 50 mb, since a lot of errors occur.

I am interested in what caused the very first crash in the server. Now your
database seems to be seriously corrupt, since the log sequence number in the
log files is only 14 MB, while it is >= 153 MB in a data file!

We had a crash of the filesystem on one server so we moved all databases to a new server by copying the files. I didn't copy the ib-files because I didn't know that they are indispensable since I created all innodb-tables with innodb_file_per_table. When I restored some databases that didn't work correct, I simply removed the files from the databases-directory, which also wasn't a good idea as I know now, at least regarding innodb-table (most tables are thankfully in myisam-format). This server is hosting a few hundrets of databases (we are doing shared hosting), so it's not so easy to recover the ib-files and keep all databases running.

Are you using some exotic file system?

No, ext3.

The output looks like ib_logfiles and data files from different servers
would be mixed.

Thats not exactly the way it happened, but it may have the same result. Since the dictionary only has problems with some certain databases, we simply created a new databases and restored the db-dump into it. So the databases are mostly working, but the errors on startup appear anyhow.

Regards
Marten