Jangita wrote:
> Yes this is very true Eric, thanks.
>
> BUT there are LOADS of firewalls that don't allow non http traffic (like
> mysql) over port 80; and your method wont work if all that's available is a
> http proxy!

Ah, so you want to be able to bypass a firewall that does stateful inspection and -only- allows plain old http traffic?

http://www.vbmysql.com/articles/security/bypass-firewall-libmywitch.html

Not really aware of any other options, but I'm assuming others have solved this problem. I know there are some fairly generic HTTP tunneling tools available, but I don't know how well they would work with MySQL (if at all).

I would imagine it would suck no matter the solution. Are you really sure this is an issue for your application?

Eric