I have been linking MySQL tables into access for versions 3.23 thorough
5.17. The only way I have been able to deal with insert/update tables with a
timestamp field is to build a query which includes all of the fields except
the timestamp field. You can then do your insert or update against the
query. ACCESS/ODBC does not know about the timestamp field so they are
happy. If you specify CURRENT TIMESTAMP on the timestamp field in the MySQL
definition, MySQL will populate the field every time the row is changed or a
new row added.