I'm trying to understand this error:

java.sql.SQLException: Server connection failure during transaction.
Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.

the java program is trying to connect to MySQL (5.0.19 under Mac OSX/ PPC), with user=root, from localhost. the grant privileges seems to be ok (I'm able to connect via terminal with 'mysql -u root -h 127.0.0.1' and with 'mysql -u root -h localhost') on mysql's logs there are no particular info about the connection attempt.

on a different machine, with the same configuration and grants all works.

what I have to check? where is the problem?

thank you in advance

bye bye!

MAS!