Hello everyone

I have a pretty complex (at least for me) scenario which I really
can't work out the logic of. I have two tables with the following
layout:

table 1: invoice
----------------------------------
invoice_id
order_id
customer_id
invoice_timestamp
invoice_total
...etc (only unique names)

table 2: invoice_archive
----------------------------------
invoice_id
invoice_journal_id

By doing a UNION select on the invoice_id's of these two tables, I get
a list of ID's from both of them. Since they are unique, this works
pretty good - but I want all the columns aswell! I've seen some JOIN
examples before, which fetches values from two tables (B and C) based
on values from table A, but since the ID is only present in one of
them at a time in my scenario, I  really can't work it out.

I want to have my output displayed something like this:

+------------+----------+-------------+-------------------+---------------+--------------------+
| invoice_id | order_id | customer_id | invoice_timestamp |
invoice_total | invoice_journal_id |
+------------+----------+-------------+-------------------+---------------+--------------------+
|          1 |     1000 |           1 |      123131332131 |
1232 |               NULL |
|          2 |     NULL |        NULL |              NULL |
NULL |                 21 |

As you probably understand from this example above, each "invoice_id"
is only present in one of the tables, therefore the NULL values.

How can I accomplish something like this?

--
Kim Christensen