From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2001 9:48 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: auto startup of mysql in redhat box?

Yeah, it means that the mysql.server file doesn't have the right
"structure" at the top to make chkconfig happy.  What version of mysql
are you using?  The startup script in 3.23.38 is correct.  Assuming you
built it from a source tarball.  You did didn't you? :)  Beware of
RedHat RPMs (OK, RPMs in general)... They will lull you, 'cause they are
mostly right good.  Then  they will leap upon you and bite you very hard
when and where you least expect it.

Bruce