From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 13 April 2006 4:41 PM
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: RE: Fulltext and reserved words

Hi Taco - interesting thread.

Did you rebuilt the FullText indexes after restarting the server?

>From the 5.0.18 manual pages:

12.7.5. Fine-Tuning MySQL Full-Text Search

<quote>
Most full-text variables described in this section must be set at server
startup time. A server restart is required to change them; they cannot be
modified while the server is running.

Some variable changes require that you rebuild the FULLTEXT indexes in your
tables. Instructions for doing this are given at the end of this section.

The minimum and maximum lengths of words to be indexed are defined by the
ft_min_word_len and ft_max_word_len system variables. (See Section 5.2.2,
Server System Variables.)

The default minimum value is four characters; the default maximum is version
dependent. If you change either value, you must rebuild your FULLTEXT

For example, if you want three-character words to be searchable, you can set
the ft_min_word_len variable by putting the following lines in an option
file:

[mysqld]
ft_min_word_len=3

Then you must restart the server and rebuild your FULLTEXT indexes. Note
particularly the remarks regarding myisamchk in the instructions following
this list.
</quote>

Regards

Keith

In theory, theory and practice are the same; in practice they are not.