Hi all,

I am considering moving some archival records which largely consist of blobs
(PDF Image files) out of an Oracle DB and onto MySQL.  Has anyone done this
(not necessarily the Oracle part) who can relate their experience(s)?  I can
go with MyISAM or archive storage engine, from the looks of it.  This is not
transactional data, although eventually some reporting may be required
(although since the blob data are things like fax archival documents, I'm
not sure what can be reported.)

Another possible storage model would be to use MySQL as the index but put
the blobs (.PDFs) into some document management system.  If you've done
anything like this, I'd like to hear about it as well.

All input appreciated (to the list, please ;-) )

Tim