--
Ed Pauley II
Internet Software Developer
Bloodstock Research Information Services
859.223.4444
800.354.9206 ext. 297
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.brisnet.com
http://www.brisbet.com

--- Begin Message --- If I am not mistaken deleting from the production server would delete the data on the slave in a replication environment.

William Fong wrote:
Is it possible to setup replication so you would have another server to do
backups on? Replicate the data, do whatever you want to the spare, and then
delete the data from the production server.