mysql> show create table t1 \G
***************** 1. row *****************
       Table: t1
Create Table: CREATE TABLE `t1` (
  `ID` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `set1` varchar(30) default NULL,
  `col2` char(20) default NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`ID`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 COMMENT='test1.t1 test table'
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> show full columns from t1 \G
***************** 1. row *****************
     Field: ID
      Type: int(11)
 Collation: NULL
      Null: NO
       Key: PRI
   Default: NULL
     Extra: auto_increment
Privileges: select,insert,update,references
   Comment:
***************** 2. row *****************
     Field: set1
      Type: varchar(30)
 Collation: latin1_swedish_ci
      Null: YES
       Key:
   Default: NULL
     Extra:
Privileges: select,insert,update,references
   Comment:
***************** 3. row *****************
     Field: col2
      Type: char(20)
 Collation: latin1_swedish_ci
      Null: YES
       Key:
   Default: NULL
     Extra:
Privileges: select,insert,update,references
   Comment:
3 rows in set (0.00 sec)

For some reason the

mysql> show full columns from t1 \G

command is not returning the Comment field for me. Is there
a variable that needs setting to enable this?

Regards

Keith

in practice they are not.