From: "Michael Stassen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
With all due respect, there is almost certainly an error in your code.
I've been on this list for years, and so far as I can recall, every
instance of mysql appearing to do something strange from php turned out to
be a flaw in the php code, not a problem with mysql.  Many of us on the
list perform updates with WHERE clauses via php without problems.  The
most likely explanation is that there is something wrong with the WHERE
clause as sent to mysql by your php app.

   Perfectily =) see my last mail, Im posting all.

So, you can keep repeating that it doesn't work, and we can keep flailing
away with blind guesses, but I expect you won't get a solution until you
actually show us the code.

Also, you've told us that your PHP Version is 4.4.2, and your Mysql client
API version is 3.23.49, by which I expect you mean that your copy of php
was built with the 3.23.49 version of the mysql client library.  Unless
I've missed it though, you haven't told us what version of mysql you have,
how it was installed (official binary, some other binary, compiled
yourself?), and what OS it's on. That information may help.

   Exactily =) Sorry me. I wasnt clear. 2.23.49 is the version of the mysql
api of the php and of the mysql server. The mysql server run on Windows XP
Pro. Mysql server I installed from binary packge mysql-3.23.49-win.zip from
mysql.org. However, I tested all this in the web host too, with versions
little different (Linux: PHP Version 4.4.1, mysql client api version 4.0.25,
Mysql server 4.0.25) and got same results: WHERE _apparentily_ is ignored.

   Tom