Well, basically it can be done to an extent in some kind of code. Basically
I am drawing from a table 2 records at a time. I want to make sure that all
records are pulled at least once. If at all possible not to have 2 from the
same vendor.

So, in this case.

I have columns id, html, vendor

So I can add columns as needed. I tried adding a flag and after returning to
the client the 2 records I'd mark it as flag = 1 then search like this
Select id, html from urls order by flag, id desc limit 3
Then after I have those I would then set the last of the 3 to flag = 1 so
that on the next search I get the 2 after. In theory it worked fine but when
multiple people hit the page simultaneously I had flags in different places
and not in order. Maybe just mark them as flag = 1 after returned and then
on search if found is 0 then set all to flag = 0 so they can be seen again?
This doesn't seem so bad but them I guess I'd use distinct? If I cant use
distinct with other parameters...
ex: select id,html distinct(vendor) from urls where flag=0 limit 2;
Would it be like :
Select id,html from urls where flag = 0 group by distinct(vendor) limit 2

?

Thanks

Steffan

T E L  6 0 2 . 5 7 9 . 4 2 3 0 | F A X  6 0 2 . 9 7 1 . 1 6 9 4
Steffan A. Cline
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                             Phoenix, Az
http://www.ExecuChoice.net                                  USA
AIM : SteffanC          ICQ : 57234309
The Executive's Choice in Lasso driven Internet Applications
                                  Lasso Partner Alliance Member