I've found that queries that take a long time cause lag time.

Replication on a slave has 2 threads -- one to retrieve stuff from the
logs, and another to actually run the DML queries.  Therefore, while
one thread is stuck on a looooonnnnggg query, the other thread is
still gathering stuff from the master, and that causes lag times.

The value you gave for seconds_behind_master is about 58 hours -- that
seems unusually high.  What are you doing to flush logs, etc?

-Sheero