On 5/22/06, Winanjaya - CBN <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear Expert,
>
> I am very new to MySQL replication, I need to replicate my DB on 5 branches
into 1 DB at Head Office.

> eg.
>
> MyDB at Branch A need to be replicated to MyDB at Head Office
> MyDB at Branch B need to be replicated to MyDB at Head Office
> MyDB at Branch C need to be replicated to MyDB at Head Office
> MyDB at Branch D need to be replicated to MyDB at Head Office
> MyDB at Branch E need to be replicated to MyDB at Head Office
> FYI, every table has Branch Id, so it won't be duplicate record!
>
> I really need advise .. how to do such replication on MySQL 5..what should I
do in my my.ini?

> Any prompt reply would be appreciated ! .. Thanks a lot in advance
>

> Regards
>
> Winanjaya
>

>On 5/22/06, sheeri kritzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Only with MySQL 5.0 is multi-master replication possible.  Guiseppe
Maxia has a wonderful article about it at:

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2006/04/20/advanced-mysql-replication.html

-Sheeri

The solution to his setup is not Multi-Master replication (even in
Multi-Master replication any single instance of MySQL can have atmost
one master), but a Slave with Multiple Masters, which offcourse is not
possible unless he plans to run five different mysqld instances (diff
ports and diff data dirs...) on the same box,

Kishore Jalleda