Jan Gomes wrote:

Hy Jay,

Thanks for you attention.

Show you my structure and EXPLAIN:

CREATE TABLE `table` (
 `id_table1` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
 `id_table2` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
 `field1`    smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
 `field2`    mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
 `textField` text NOT NULL,

 PRIMARY KEY  (`id_table1`,`id_table2`),
 KEY `table_idx1` (`id_table2`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 PACK_KEYS=1

You don't show the query you are explaining.
It certainly can't be the one in your previous post below, because column
names don't match.

+-------------+-------+-------+--------------------+
| select_type | table | type  | possible_keys      |
+-------------+-------+-------+--------------------+
| SIMPLE      | table | range | PRIMARY,table_idx1|
+-------------+-------+-------+--------------------+

+------------+---------+------+------+-------------+
| key          | key_len | ref   | rows | Extra         |
+----------- +---------+------+------+-------------+
| table_idx1 |       4   | NULL |   72 | Using where|
+------------+---------+------+------+-------------+

Please post your exact table schema using SHOW CREATE TABLE, and your exact query, along with an EXPLAIN SELECT for the query.

Thanks!

-jay

Jan Gomes wrote:
Hy Guys,

I have a simple structure of tables, howewer has 50 million of registers and
2,5 GB of data.
The table is MyIsam and has 4 integer fields and 1 Text field, one primary key with two integer fields and one btree index with one integer field.

There is a select in this table using an index(with one integer field), whith a set value for this field ( select * from table where field in (value1,value2,value3,value4,etc) ).

This select has delay 4s average.

Is this a good time for the select ? How can I run this select in less time?

I had make this optimization:

1-Compress the index
2-sort the index with myisamchk

PS.: This table is read-only, hasn't an insert, update or delete.