Hi -

I would like to be able to replicate all queries from a live MySQL server, to a testing server at the office.

The reason for doing this is to test load under [semi]real-world conditions with the new server. I think that by doing something like this, I would be able to fine-tune the new server in preparation for replacing the original server.

So what I can't figure out right now is how to set up a situation like this, where the live server would replicate every one of it's queries to the testing machine, and have the testing machine not respond with anything - just simply mow through the queries.

The testing server will have a snapshot of the live database, so I will ahve data to work with. However, the testing machine is on a private internal subnet, and I don't see how this type of setup would work from a logical MySQL standpoint.

Keeping all this in mind, also remember that I cannot change any of the code which references the MySQL server. I need to be able to do this using some native MySQL function.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to all your responses.

Thanks!
-dant