Whil Hentzen wrote:
Hi folks,

Brand new Fedora Core 5 box running MySQL 5. I can get into the monitor and connect, work with databases, etc. I can't get the MySQL Administrator to run - get lots of errors:

1. I downloaded mysql-administrator-1.1.10-1.i386.rpm.
2. As root, in /usr/bin, did
 rpm -Uivh /home/zips/mysql-administrator-1.1.10-1.i386.rpm
3. cd /usr/bin
4. as root and as regular user: # mysql-administrator

Got a slew (40? 50?) of error messages, all bgin with
mysql-administrator-bin:5787):Glib-GObject-CRITICAL **: <lots of msgs>

Most having to do with assertion failed.

Did I install incorrectly or in the wrong place, or is something else wrong?

Thanks,

Whil

Hi -

Mine runs with warnings, not errors. it works just fine. However, this is on CentOS 4.3. I've yet to get MySQL Query Browser to work under CentOS 4.3, but that's a project for tonight.

Note however that MySQL Administrator and MySQL Query Browser are two different things.

Aside from the messages being printed, are you able to connect to the database and do administrative functions with MySQL Administrator?

Thanks
-dant