Hi,
  I've a large table with lots of floats (or doubles) that i want to query
using C API. By default, in C, the rows are returned as a type of char **,
therefore floating numbers are returned as ascii strings. Is it possible
to fetch somehow directly these numbers in their original binary
representation? I know it is architecture-dependent, but if we use
localhost, it won't cause any problem if the result is casted directy to
(float) and/or (double). For our problem, it would be much more efficent
to do the queries this way than the server converts the number to ascii,
the client converts the number againt to binary (on the same machine), and
we do what we want to do after it (which is a simple multiplication, not
as time consuming as two conversions...).
  Andras