Hello again Paul,

1-Why the error code (1064) can't lead explicitly to the syntax problem ?

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question.

The mysql command returned the error code [ ERROR 1064 (42000) ]

I search in the manual with "ERROR 1064", and then get the page :
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/error-messages-server.html

Error: 1064 SQLSTATE: 42000 (ER_PARSE_ERROR)
Message: %s near '%s' at line %d

I cannot figure out what is wrong from this info, whereas error code 1063 or 1065 are far more explicit.

Why the error code (1064) is not telling : "wrong usage of reserved word"
or something like this ? that could be linked to a page showing some exemple of what to do ?

 2-Could you tell me how I could go directly to the relevant page ?
   [ Hard for you to feel like a lambda user in MySQL ]

It sounds like you mean, "When I have a problem, how can I instantly
find the solution?" I don't think I can answer that.

I'm not so childish : just like to have more pieces, but smaller pieces, ORTHOGONAL, so that each could be adressed with appropriate search :

you give me a perfect opportunity to explain my point :

the following page DO exist :
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/reserved-words.html

 but
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/keyword.html
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/keywords.html
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/keyword-words.html
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/keywords-words.html

do not exist.

also, why is there a keyword list in the reserved-words.html page ?
this is not "orthogonal".
In what "keyword" and "reserved-words" differ ?

also, the relevant point for me was :
 The identifier quote character is the backtick (`):

And it is found on the same page telling about
- maximum length,
- Unicode,
- ANSI_QUOTES SQL mode,
- default character set