Hi Gilles,

I search in the manual with "ERROR 1064", and then get the page :
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/error-messages-server.html

Error: 1064 SQLSTATE: 42000 (ER_PARSE_ERROR)
Message: %s near '%s' at line %d

I cannot figure out what is wrong from this info, whereas error code 1063 or 1065 are far more explicit.

Why the error code (1064) is not telling : "wrong usage of reserved word"
or something like this ? that could be linked to a page showing some exemple of what to do ?

If MySQL's parser could easily tell that you had used a reserved word in a place where it can't be used as such, they wouldn't need to be reserved words, would they? :)

Regards,

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Cole