At 07:58 AM 6/2/2006, Alex Major wrote:

Hi there.
I've posted this up on both this list, and the php list as I'm not sure
whether this is something that I'd need to do with the php or mysql.

Basically, I am making an add-on to my small website which is a mini online
game. Every user will have gold, and every 30mins I'd like their amount of
gold to go up by 1 (or say a variable say $goldupdateamount).

I'd like to know which would be the best way of doing this, and if there is
a command in mysql which would achieve this.

Regards,
Alex.

I don't know about MySQL, but for PHP you would have to run it as a cron (or similar OS service) to trigger a script to do the update. If you have access to the server, this could be any language which can work with MySQL: Perl, Java, VB, C .... ? Or run JavaScript on the player's page?

As for MySQL, I do not believe it has a built-in timer, except for synchronization or replication.

Miles Thompson