Hi,

I am using Java to maintain a MySQL database. I have a table in the
database created by:

"CREATE TABLE track_char ("

                    + "id INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,"

                    + "PRIMARY KEY (id),"

                    + "name CHAR(40),"

                    + "posX DOUBLE(10,1),"

                    + "posY DOUBLE(10,1),"

                    + "posZ DOUBLE(10,1),"

                    + "rotX INT(10),"

                    + "rotY INT(10),"

                    + "rotZ INT(10))"

Now, when I try to update the rotX, rotY, and rotZ fields, I have to put
a double into it, ints don't work. But then, when I print out the
database, it looks like this:

1

Tom

0.0

0.0

0.0

0

0

0

Which clearly indicates that it is storing the rot fields as ints.

I am just wondering why I can't give it an int when I am updating the
entry, even though what I am updating is an int?