Right...the thing is that they are supposed to be INTs, but I can only
successfully perform an update query if I use doubles for the fields...?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jay Blanchard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 1:59 PM
To: Thomas Amundsen; mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: RE: INT wants a float/double?

[snip]
Now, when I try to update the rotX, rotY, and rotZ fields, I have to put
a double into it, ints don't work. But then, when I print out the
database, it looks like this:

Which clearly indicates that it is storing the rot fields as ints.

I am just wondering why I can't give it an int when I am updating the
entry, even though what I am updating is an int?
[/snip]

It does not clearly indicate that the rot fields are stored as INTs, far
from it. You cannot 'give' an INT to a DOUBLE as that it is incorrect.
Anytime you have strongly typed variables you must use them as they are
typed.