I wrote:
 > My problem isn't quite the same as the original poster's, but I
 suspect the solution may be the same. However, I'm having trouble
 > running the myisamchk command.

 I'm using the Unix Terminal in Mac OS X, with MySQL 5.0.19, and it
 won't let me get beyond a certain point in the file structure to find
 exactly where the files are. I can 'drill down' as far as the mysql
 directory, which has the promisingly-named data directory inside it.
 However 'cd data' tells me I don't have permission... but 'sudo cd
 data' simply repeats the same directory! I can't seem to get into
 > data at all.

And at 17:45 -0500 4/6/06, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
You must have the server stopped.

I'm not sure this is true, as long as no-one's accessing it at the time - and as this is on my local development platform no-one's accessing it if I'm not. I ran myisamchk on some tables before I saw your message - with the server running - and I've just run it again after stopping the server, and got identical results.

You must be logged in as root or mysql.

sudo does the trick. :-)

--
Cheers... Chris
Highway 57 Web Development -- http://highway57.co.uk/

Among the things money can't buy is what it used to.
   -- Max Kauffmann