Hello all and thanks again for any responses.

I'm hoping this is something really basic I'm not seeing.  I have MySQL
5.0.22-log, and I'm having a weird time creating a basic stored procedure.  I
get this far:

mysql> CREATE PROCEDURE getRootId (IN company_id INT)
    -> BEGIN
    -> DECLARE variable1 INT;
ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual
that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use
near 'INT' at line 3

Now, as stated in the MySQL manual, I have my DECLARE statement as the first
line after the BEGIN clause.  Anything else I'm missing?
--
Chris White
PHP Programmer/DB Knight