I am trying to move my database (the directory) to another location, but
the symbolic link option described in the documentation isn't working for
me. I'm using the binary distribution of version 3.23.37.

I created a text file in the c:\mysql\data directory, called mydb.sym, with
the string c:\inetpub\wwwroot\mysite\database\mydb in it, and moved the
directory to that location. No good. I even stopped and restarted the mysql
service (I'm running on NT), but it still didn't work.

What am I missing?

Thanks
Tom