Dan,

Thanks. I'll take a further look at  GROUP_CONCAT.

Albert

On Jun 14, 2006, at 1:16 PM, Dan Buettner wrote:

Albert, MySQL's GROUP_CONCAT function might work for you:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/group-by-functions.html

In your case something like this:
SELECT userid, GROUP_CONCAT(value)
GROUP BY userid

HTH,
Dan

Albert Padley wrote:
I have the following table schema in MySQL 4.1.18 which I didn't create, but have to work with.
CREATE TABLE `phplog_userinput` (
  `id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `inputfieldid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `userid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `value` varchar(150) NOT NULL default '',
  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1
A typical set of data looks like this:
id | inputfieldid | userid | value
1          1           2     John
2          2           2     Smith
3          3           2     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
I am trying to come up with a query to return all the `values` of a single userid in a single row. I've checked my books, the manual and tried every type of join I can think of without success. I'd appreciate some direction.
Thanks.
Albert Padley
--MySQL General Mailing List