Is there a reason that '%' doesn't match 'localhost'? I recently spent more time than I care to admit tearing my hair out over this while setting up authorization for a user. I've looked at the link that James provided, which does at least mention this inconsistency, but it doesn't seem to give a reason for it.

Anyone?

James Barros wrote:

Never mind.

I'll just go RTFM and quit bugging you guys on list with stuff answered plain as day in
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/adding-users.html

Sorry. I'll go caffeinate myself before asking more stupid questions.