I thought of that, but i didn't think it'd be a problem since i do have thpse shared libraries for the application to use at runtime - and since the server runs just fine, i doubt that is what is causing the problem (tho it is definately worth trying). It seems to me that if this is truely the problem, then neither the server nor the client should be able to run. Since it is only the client that won't work (and i am still baffled by the "error message" when i try to run the client), i am lead to believe there is something else in play.