I'm having a problem dealing with a 3rd-party app that is connecting to my
database via ODBC (using the windows connector).

This software (UPS Worldship) creates shipment rows and sends INSERT commands
on one table. This table has a primary key that should be unique. Each row in
the table has a "void" column that is either Y or N.

When someone voids a shipment in the UPS software, it sends another INSERT to
the database, with the same data as the original row, the only difference being
the void column is now "Y";

This of course doesn't work because "Duplicate entry 'BLAHBLAH' for key 1"

Is there any way to set a default policy for a table that upon an attempted
INSERT, the original row should be trashed? Should I get rid of the primary
key--I should add that this is my temporary solution.

Ideally the original row should be replaced, updated, whatever.

I unfortunately can't modify the UPS software to make it operate differently.

thanks,
Scott