Hi all,
I have been trying to cross compile mysql4.0.27  for an Intel-XScale based
ARM board on a i686-Linux PC.
I have run configure with the following command line options:

$ CC=$PATH/arm-linux-gcc LD=$PATH/arm-linux-ld ./configure -C
-–build=i686-linux -–host=arm-linux -–target=arm-linux

It is giving error as follows

checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking for bison... bison -y
checking for pdftex... manual.pdf
checking for tex... manual.dvi
checking "return type of sprintf"... configure: error: cannot run test
program while cross compiling

I am hoping that someone could tell me if I am missing out something or
If something is wrong with the procedure I am following.
Thanks in advance,

Vishal
Axis Software Pvt. Ltd.
Pune-04.