Hey list;

I'm having trouble with the GROUP_CONCAT() function, which (according
to the docs) is supposed to give me a column with the VARCHAR type,
unless group_concat_max_len is >512. Instead it BLOBs me!

Now, I haven't set any value for the group_concat_max_len, so it
shouldn't be different from the default value, but the strange thing
is that the same function returns a VARCHAR column when used on
another table - they are both MyISAM tables.

Here's the query in question:

SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(product_id) FROM products WHERE product_retail_id
LIKE '%dfl-%'

Any ideas?

Regards
--