Hi, I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this issue and/or come up with what needs to be done to resolve it:

I currently have MySQL 5.0.22 built from ports on a FreeBSD 6.1 machine with the DB data residing on a NetApp share connected via NFS. A strange thing happens often after a few hours or a couple of days, some tables that are very active start to crash for no apparent reason as far as I can tell.

Example output from check table tablename:
+----------------------------+-------+----------+-------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Table | Op | Msg_type | Msg_text |
| dbname.tablename | check | warning  | Table is marked as crashed
                          |
| dbname.tablename | check | error    | Found key at page 18259968 that points
to record outside datafile |
| dbname.tablename | check | error | Corrupt |

I've seen this happen on FreeBSD 6.0 and 6.1 with MySQL 4.1.x and MySQL 5.0.x built from ports. Has anyone else seen this and if so has a resolution been found?

--
Mark P. Hennessy