Good morning, all -

I've read for quite a while tonight, but still haven't been able to figure out - can I upgrade directly from 3.23.58 to 5.0.22?

I've read that I'd have to do something like 3.23.58 > 4.0 > 4.1 > 5.0.22, but then also the 'mysql_upgrade' application which, as documented, sounds like it can do magic things.

To be quite honest I'd like nothing more than to take a 'mysqldump' of the database, and just re-import that, and run an app such as 'mysql_upgrade' against it and call it good.

This will all be done on a pretty recent Linux distribution, CentOS 4.3. Nothing out of the ordinary, but an upgrade such as this one is definitely a bit out of my realm. I was able to do such an upgrade a few weeks ago, but added stuff like permissions by hand - there were only a few. However, for this particular instance, there's 250+ MySQL users.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
-dant