Yes.  Thanks to Dan and Daniel.

I do expect that if you know the student that was accidentally (deleted,
updated, ...) then you can find the appropriate data from the dump via
fgrep, which can handle large files pretty quickly, and without having to
attach the backup copy of the table to the server.