Jesse wrote:
Funny, i've never seen one that does? What system/editor are you using?

Multi-Edit version 8.0i. This is an older version of the editor. Maybe a newer one wouldn't, but for the most part, it does a very good job for me.

Ok never heard of multiedit... if your system is windows, try to use EditPlus. Under any *nix variant, ofcourse just use vim.

try to use the --max_allowed_packet= option - afaik mysqldump will create lines as long as "max_allowed_packet" so if you set this to 8k you should get nice short lines

This didn't seem to make any difference in the length of the line. Even if it did, I have a feeling it would go to the 8K column, and just chop it right there, the same way it is at the 16384th column.

in that case you need to throw that editor as far as way as you can and never ever use it again ;)

Thanks,
Jesse