On 7/18/06, Steve Strong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
we are using php to connect to our mysql database and when we call the
php function with this line:

$dbh = mysql_connect("localhost", "george_full", "passwd")  or die
(formatSQLError(""));

That's the only line of your .php script?

george_full has full priveleges on localhost with his password.
localhost resolves to 127.0.0.1 using the host command
pinging localhost returns packets as expected

the execution of the script terminates.  from the command line i've done

As expected, if it did not error out, it only connects and returns,
simply as that.

the following:
1. connected to the database with the same credentials as above
2. selected a database
3. querried the database with appropriate results.

If you issue those commands at PHP, would they return?

i work for a school district and the central office people have just
built a new LAN that involved changing the addresses of our dns servers.
 the servers are behind a NAT, and only their external addresses changed.

this is a really tough bug, so any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Sorry if I did not quite get your question. PHP must connect, then
issue a query of some sort, then deal with the resultset, else it will
connect, and that's all. Maybe if you post the entire PHP code, along
with any error messages...

--
Daniel da Veiga
Computer Operator - RS - Brazil