Steve Strong wrote:
we are using php to connect to our mysql database and when we call the
php function with this line:

$dbh = mysql_connect("localhost", "george_full", "passwd")  or die
(formatSQLError(""));

george_full has full priveleges on localhost with his password.
localhost resolves to 127.0.0.1 using the host command
pinging localhost returns packets as expected
localhost is for a socket connection.
If you want 127.0.0.1 than use 127.0.0.1.

the execution of the script terminates.  from the command line i've done
the following:
1. connected to the database with the same credentials as above
2. selected a database
3. querried the database with appropriate results.

i work for a school district and the central office people have just
built a new LAN that involved changing the addresses of our dns servers.
 the servers are behind a NAT, and only their external addresses changed.

this is a really tough bug, so any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

thanks,
steve

connec

--