--- Jimmy Guerrero <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Just to make sure we separate the two...
>
> > mysql cluster that preforms reads on all the
> slaves, and writes only on
> the master.
>
> The above can be used to describe a typical use case
> for MySQL Replication.
>
> In a MySQL Cluster there is no need to load-balance
> your reads and writes.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jimmy Guerrero
> MySQL, Inc

ok so LVS is not what i am looking for. I have been
reading about some software hacks that allow mysql to
use shared memory spread out over a few machines.

scenerio,

Huge database, over 7 million records. And a high
ratio of writes vs reads. Idealy i would like to have
the entire database in RAM. Does anyone have any
experience running a database this big? can anyone
offer a suitalbe setup? I have taken a look at the
wikipedia setup
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_servers#Overall_system_architecture

thanks
-winn johnston