I doubt apache is to blame. 5 seconds for a query on a website is extremely slow, so if that is your "normal" results, then you have a problem there already. I've been building database driven websites for around 11 years and i don't think i can remember a single time i went into production with a single query that was slower than 0.1 second, unless it was something very rarely used for administration purposes.

From the top of my head i'd say your problem is either

a) poor datamodel design which forces slow queries
b) poor usage of indexes in the database (use explain to check)
c) non-optimized configuration of the server (have you tuned the server parameters to the way you use the server?)
d) insufficient hardware for your needs
e) any combination of the above

Ratheesh K J wrote:
Hello all,

Stuck up with a major problem. Urgent hlp required

MySQL seems to be performing too bad during heavy load on the server. Queries
which normally take around 5 secs to complete are taking more than 1000 secs to
complete during load.

What could be the reason. Show processlist shows many process in sending data
state. All tables are of INNODB type. But we are not running any transactions
as yet.

The server is clogged due to many httpd requests (150 Max). All the httpd
requests are in W state ( means sending response ). What could be causing this.
Is it MySQL or is it Apache...

Any suggestions would help...

Thanks,

Ratheesh K J