To: <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 8:38 AM
Subject: MySQL performing too badly under heavy load - urgent hlp needed

Hello all,

Stuck up with a major problem. Urgent hlp required

MySQL seems to be performing too bad during heavy load on the server. Queries which normally take around 5 secs to complete are taking more than 1000 secs to complete during load.

What could be the reason. Show processlist shows many process in sending data state. All tables are of INNODB type. But we are not running any transactions as yet.

The server is clogged due to many httpd requests (150 Max). All the httpd requests are in W state ( means sending response ). What could be causing this. Is it MySQL or is it Apache...

Any suggestions would help...

Thanks,

Ratheesh K J