I'd recommend RAID 10 - with 4 disks instead of 2, you'll roughly
double performance over RAID 1, both for reading and writing.

You might also look at 6 disks - 4 73's in RAID 10 for your data, plus
2 smaller, slower less expensive disks in RAID 1 (18 gb or 36 gb
maybe) for your boot disks.

As far as I know, the way to reclaim space from innodb is to use
file-per-table and then OPTIMIZE the tables.
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=14206
Need 4.1 or newer.

HTH,
Dan