I am working on a script that looks at the MySQL Table, checks to see if there
are any matches, and if there are, alter the table to add the requested
information.  Here is the code I am using:

<script>
$query = "ALTER profile (acct_type, username, firstname, lastname, email,
addr1, city, state, zip, nude, artistic, model_look, about_you, why_model,
genre) VALUES ('$at', '$un', '$fn', '$ln', '$e', '$ad1', '$c', '$st', '$zc',
</script>

What am I doing wrong?  The error comes back saying that this is where the
problem is, and I have changed it from UPDATE to ALTER because I was trying to
get the information to be added to the table of an already registered user.

Nick