On Friday 04 August 2006 04:04 am, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> mysql -u kaushal -h example.com -p drupal <
> /home/kaushal/drupal/new/a-l.sql and then do
> mysql -u kaushal -h example.com -p drupal <
> /home/kaushal/drupal/new/m-s.sql

Better would be:

mysql -u kaushal -h example.com -p drupal < ~/drupal/new/a-l.sql &&
mysql -u kaushal -h example.com -p drupal < ~/drupal/new/m-s.sql

Couple of things, first off ~/ expands to /home/kaushal assuming you're
running this as the kaushal user.  If root, you can do ~kaushal/ to achieve
the same effect.  Next is && which means "run the next command only if the
first command finishes successfully".  To answer what I think was your
original question, no, m-s.sql wouldn't interfere with a-l.sql's insertions
because they run in sequence, first a-l, then m-s.  The only time I'd really
see this as an issue is if you were trying to run both at once, which in my
opinion is a Bad Idea(tm).

--
Chris White
PHP Programmer/DBeer