Hello,

I have a problem composing a sql-statement for my special needs.
I hope anybody can help me.

This is the situation:

I have 2 tables, a and b as following:

--------------
|     a      |
--------------
| eid | name |
--------------

------------------
|       b        |
------------------
| id | gid | eid |
------------------

*) a.eid and b.id are primary keys

*) b.eid points to a.eid entries

Now my wish:

*) b.gid = fixed given value

*) i want all entries from a , which are NOT referenced by any entries
from b.eid where b.gid = fixed given value

Is this possible with only one sql-statement?

-

I have tried over and over, but didn't get a correct sollution.

One of my tries was:

        select a.eid from a,b where b.gid = <fixed> and a.eid != b.eid

but it didn't work out.

Any help is welcome! THX

--
greetings - WEMMER Alexander <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Telematik Student at the Technical University of Graz, Austria.