> > |       b        |
> > ------------------
> > | id | gid | eid |
> > ------------------
> >
> > *) a.eid and b.id are primary keys
> >
> > *) b.eid points to a.eid entries
> >
> > Now my wish:
> >
> > *) b.gid = fixed given value
> >
> > *) i want all entries from a , which are NOT referenced by any entries
> > from b.eid where b.gid = fixed given value
> >
> > Is this possible with only one sql-statement?

> Is this wat you want?
>
> select a.eid from a left join b using (eid)
> where b.gid = <fixed> and b.eid is null

No, i already tried this before and it always gives back an empty set :(

When you skip the "and b.eid is null" clause you will see, that this
statement exactly
selects all entries from a which ARE referenced from b.

--
greetings - WEMMER Alexander <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Telematik Student at the Technical University of Graz, Austria.