here is what I get.  I'm logged in as the user admin (really a regular user.)

mysql> create temporary table customer_tmp as select * from customer limit 0;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
Records: 0  Duplicates: 0  Warnings: 0

mysql> load data infile '/home/bluetarp/ezauth/customers.txt' into table
customer_tmp;
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using
password: YES)