Can someone please help me figure out what's in this mysqld output before
crashing:
  mysqld got signal 11;
This could be because you hit a bug. It is also possible that this binary
or one of the libraries it was linked against is corrupt, improperly built,
or misconfigured. This error can also be caused by malfunctioning hardware.
We will try our best to scrape up some info that will hopefully help diagnose
the problem, but since we have already crashed, something is definitely wrong
and this may fail.
  key_buffer_size=16777216
read_buffer_size=258048
max_used_connections=101
max_connections=100
threads_connected=101
It is possible that mysqld could use up to
key_buffer_size + (read_buffer_size + sort_buffer_size)*max_connections = 92783
bytes of memory
Hope that's ok; if not, decrease some variables in the equation.
  thd=(nil)
Attempting backtrace. You can use the following information to find out
where mysqld died. If you see no messages after this, something went
terribly wrong...
Cannot determine thread, fp=0xbfffa3ac, backtrace may not be correct.
Stack range sanity check OK, backtrace follows:
0x8166bc0
0xb748cdf8
0xb7356f1b
0x815e8af
0x815f55b
0x8166765
0x816a3f5
0x8167b7d
0x8167774
0xb72fb748
0x80e52d1
New value of fp=(nil) failed sanity check, terminating stack trace!
Please read http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Using_stack_trace.html and follow
instructions on how to resolve the stack trace. Resolved
stack trace is much more helpful in diagnosing the problem, so please do
resolve it
The manual page at http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Crashing.html contains
information that should help you find out what is causing the crash.

murthy gandikota <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Hi
Can someone tell me where in the file system to look for the logs?
Mysql has been crashing once every hour. Memory is not the issue. This is
how I start the mysql:

nohup /usr/local/mysql/libexec/mysqld --basedir=/usr/local/mysql
--datadir=/usr/
local/mysql/var --user=mysql
--pid-file=/usr/local/mysql/var/admin.scholasticfun
dinggroup.com.pid --skip-locking --port=3306
--socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
&

I'd appreciate your help.
Thanks