On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 10:04:06AM -0500, Dan Buettner wrote:
> You have a high number of connections, by my calculations about 15 per
> second.  (connection / uptime, or 46944092/3052131 = 15.38)  I would
> think that is introducing a fair bit of overhead for you - you might
> consider persistent connections as a possible improvement.
I'll ask the developers for this but AFAIK there's one connection for
every access to the index.php and some other pages on one of three web
servers.

> Other than that, are your using InnoDB or MyISAM tables, or a mix?
It's only MyISAM at the moment.

> Your key_buffer_size is just 512 MB, and your innodb_buffer_pool is
> just 400 MB.
Is increasing key_buffer to 768MB sufficient?

> I'd suggest reading the optimization portions of the online manual,
> and/or Jeremy Zawodny's "High Performance MySQL", and start adjusting
> these cache settings.  Seems like you're likely just not using all
> your RAM.  If you have a large dataset, then you may well be
> disk-bound right now, which explains your low CPU utilization.
There is very few to no I/O according to "vmstat 1". The datadir is only
4GB in total so that I even guess that almost all tables will fit into the
process memory.

bye,

-christian-

--
Christian Hammers             WESTEND GmbH  |  Internet-Business-Provider
Technik                       CISCO Systems Partner - Authorized Reseller