> OK, I appear to be getting somewhere with the FULL TEXT search.  Does
> anyone have any good resources about producing search engine type results
> ? for example if some enters a search phrase like   londn  how would I
> suggest the word london ?

Hi Neil,

That's a completely different thing, but very common to see both together.

I'd say a good way of doing this is to have a from/to table and when the
user search for "from" and "to" have more results (replace and search to
check) you show him a "did you mean" box with the new word in bold.

It's really hard to extract that information from searches anyway so the
best you can do, as far as I know, is to monitor the common mistakes by
looking into logs and adding terms to that table manually.

cheers,
--renato